Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:56:03 -1000
One can easily be comfortable with computer programming and still prefer
not to be dependent on a computer to operate their radio, so I would say
the first part of your hypothesis is not necessarily true. The second
part may be more true, particularly with regards to "digital ops", since
digital ops these days almost always are done with a computer. If you
need to have the computer up and running in order to read the received
data and produce the transmitted data, then may as well control the
radio with it too.

We can all enjoy ham radio in our own ways, as long as we are
considerate of each other so that we avoid QRMing. I think the new
technology is great. It is just not the way I prefer the enjoy ham radio
at this time. That could change. If so, I will still maintain the skills
and the equipment to do it without computers.

DE N6KB