Re: [TenTec] New Orion, old problem? Questions from a new owner.

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Orion, old problem? Questions from a new owner.
From: Rick Williams <ve7asr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:48:10 -0700 (PDT)
Here's a big failing of Version 2.  You are listening to an S-5 signal.
Someone puts an S9+ carrier on the QSO.  You push the auto notch.  The carrier
goes away.  The S-meter still says S9+ and pumps accordingly.

In version 1.373b5 the carrier goes away and the meter reads S-5 with no
pumping.

I also like the noise reduction in 1.373b5 versus version 2.  This however is a
personal choice.  I tried Version 2 for a long time and then reverted to to the
earlier version.

As for the sweep.  I am using an external sweep (LP-PAN) that is software
controlled and linked to my rig control and logging software.  It's great.

73, Rick
VE7TK

Re: [TenTec] New Orion, old problem? Questions from a new owner.