Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 71, Issue 20

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 71, Issue 20
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:48:33 -0800
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:22:15 -0600, Speer, Doug wrote:

>I am wondering what the use of
>skimmer does for you in contesting or DXing that a good sub receiver
>(like the Orion or K3 provides) and a good CW ear doesn't.

Google it to learn about it. There's been plenty written about it. Bob,
N6TV, is one leading contester who has written about it and made
presentations about it. So has Pete, N4ZR. Another Bob, K6XX, has done a
lot of work with it, including building hardware to do it with the K3,
but I don't know that he's written anything. It's quite useful both in
DXing and contesting. I have not yet taken the time to dig into it.

73,

Jim K9YC