Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe
From: Dell Ray <ray_2098@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:24:29 -0800 (PST)
 Hi again
 Like Jack mentioned in his post..
 try them both. the one that works is the one you want!
i am using COM1 for the ORION and LOGic8. COM3 is for MixW to send CW to a
switch that keys the ORION.
jack ak7o

  That is pretty much what I did to find the proper port. The com settings in
the lower portion of the rig setup next to the SO4R(Single operator four
radios) is set at none.
  I am wondering if you are running a firewall. Also didn't your motherboard
have serial ports. My newer Asus board did not but the older systems normaly
did.
  Also there is another serial port that uses a two wire interface. In your
manual page 3-11 they mention it. Never played with it yet.
 I am getting ready to start digital communications. New at it and havn't
started until I make sure I don't goof up and bleed all over everybody. :O)
You can listen by running a rca jack from your audio output on your rig to a
mini plug Input on your sound card. Then get a software program like
Winwarbler.
  Don't give up on the serial interface. Might just be something easy. Like a
setting In your computers bios.

Dell R Smith
Prosser,Wa
KI7XD DN-06