Re: [TenTec] RF Ground

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Ground
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 20:29:25 -0500
Your station should operate successfully with only the equipment bonded to
the power supply and that attached to an outlet with a solid 3rd pin ground.
If it doesn't then you have antenna and feedline issues that should be
addressed.  Any RF in the shack should be the result of radiation from the
antenna.  With a properly configured system, this should cause no concern
for RFI or RF issues.

The only RF in my shack is that which is radiated by the antenna.  Secondly,
don't confuse lightning protection with power system ground or RF ground.
If you think in any way or implement any system inside your house or
building directed at lightning protection, you have a dangerous system where
it is highly probable to cause a fire due to a lightning strike.  Please
evaluate your system carefully as your equipment, your house and your life
depends on it.

73
Bob, K4TAX