Re: [TenTec] RF Ground

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Ground
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 14:22:49 -0400
My point is different.

I don't care if the coax radiates.  In fact I accept that it will in
virtually all cases, at least to a degree.

I was referring to the effect at the input to the radio.

If we shunt the current away from the radio....to ground... at that point,
then it will not flow into the radio.

I was trying to keep noise out of the radio, for the purposes of addressing
the original "buzz" problem.

Of course many posters here don't agree that ground has anything to do with
it, and some focus on "pin 1" and others have their pet causes.  I was
addressing one item that had a theoretical solution.