Re: [TenTec] How well is a Scout on SSB?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How well is a Scout on SSB?
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:35:53 -0500
Ivin:

I find the Scout to be excellent on SSB. I always get good audio
reports. I use a dynamic mike, usually a Shure CM-14AE (controlled
magnetic reluctance) mobile mike or a Cobra mike with a generic dynamic
element.

With a decent antenna (by decent I mean a full size dipole even if its
low) you won't notice the difference between the Scout's 50 W and a 100
W rig.

The Scout frequency shift is not an issue on SSB.

The variable bandwidth IF filter works great on SSB during crowded band
conditions.

                                        73,

                                        Bob WB2VUF