[TenTec] Old vs New = crunch time

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Old vs New = crunch time
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:44:22 -0800 (PST)
Once again thanks to all who took the time to either send me an email or
respond to the list about the pros and cons of new vs old TT rigs. At first I
probably would have agreed with Al N1MHC that I answered my own question, but I
am not so sure now. In one day I have learned more from the guys on this list
about TT radios than I probably would have learned on my own in 5 years. That
is the truth and I appreciate all the detail, experiences, and opinions. I have
already emailed back those that emailed me directly so I will keep this short.
Malcolm F5VBU, thanks for those comments on the Corsair sidetone and also Dave
WA3MKB on your experiences with the Corsair. Gary's (AA2IZ) comments on the
pegasus and receiver considerations made a lot of sense. And certainly Art
K0RO's comments of the Omni VI were well received. With your help this is no
longer old vs new but which of the older rigs. Now that it has been narrowed
down, I will get busy with finding
 this rig. In the meantime, I think I will fire up the ole Triton and have some
fun. 73s all Rip  W7RIP