Re: [TenTec] Orion II v 2.042A: Not Ready for Prime Time!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II v 2.042A: Not Ready for Prime Time!
From: "Natan" <w6xr@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:54:41 -0400
Wes,

I agree that something new needs to be done.  My loading of the latest
firmware decreased my RF output, introduced distortion on RX signal, did
away with the ALC enunciator on the front panel, and prevented WriteLog from
reading the frequency!  I probably missed a few but I had so much anger at
the Ten Tec folks for releasing yet another bad batch of software, I just
loaded up a previous firmware version and waited for a reoccurrence of the
red screen.

Ten Tec needs to get their business in order or more folks are going to be
shopping on the left coast as I am now doing.  Where is the management of
Ten Tec while this is going on?  Indeed, not ready for prime time.

73

Natan W6XR
Freeville, NY