Re: [TenTec] Encoder shaft stability

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Encoder shaft stability
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:47:29 -0700 (PDT)
This is an interesting discussion on the Encoder's. I have one of the original
Jupiters, built November 2000. It has a LOT of use as it's on daily from early
morning til late at night. I have only the slightest movement on the main
tuning, so small you have to be looking for it visually as it's not noticed
when tuning. The smaller encoders have some movement with the multi  having the
most. Again I don't notice it while turning and have to look for it visually.
Makes me wonder it the first Jupiters used a different encoder. BTW I have had
only one problem in 10 years and that was a bad relay in the LPF.
73 Jim