Re: [TenTec] wither CW?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:22:51 -0400
I don't want to hijack the thread or cause a flame war,  but I agree
with the notion there should be more points awarded to contesters
(contestants?) who actually pound out the code with their fist, and who
do not use electronic keyers to generate transmitted code.  I thank we
should reward the operator for HIS skill, not that of his computer.  I
know this would slow the pace, and reduce the number of contacts,  but
it would be the operator, and not his computer at work.   If contests,
like field day, are to simulate high pressure, need to operate NOW,
scenarios, then  he would need to have his own ability to pound the
brass, as a computer may not be available. I don't use a voice keyer on
SSB contests for the same reason.  If I can't talk for 24 hours, and the
other guy can, he deserves to win.

And, parenthetically, I'm finding this code thing terribly difficult  to
learn!
But I will get there, eventually...

Just my take....

Happy trails.