Re: [TenTec] The Eagle inflation costs, etc.

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle inflation costs, etc.
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 01:56:26 -0400
Yep - I thought so !      ;-)

Then, why would anyone want a new radio ?  How did this happen ?

OK... I am being sarcastic, but really, all this chatter about
how good it was in the old days is getting me down.  Everyone seems
to say how good it was in the old days, but their shacks are filled
with modern gear.  I don't get it.

I suspect there must have been trade-offs and compromises as things
GOT BETTER OVER TIME.   Right ?   Otherwise, we should start a company
that makes the old stuff again.   There seems to be a market for it.

And I respect Gerry's comment as coming from an insider, and also
he MUST be able to identify the compromises and trade-offs that
were made that would cause us to tolerate lower intermod performance in
newer rigs.