Re: [TenTec] Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 01:59:19 -0400
> It seems some folks just don't appreciate good performance.

        *       DING !

Perhaps they don't understand what it is.

        *       DING !

> If you think some cheaper radio is good, try taking 12 of them and putting
> 1.5 KW amps behind them and then run them all at the same time from the same
> site (run station and multi station for each band).
> That's what we do in contests.

        Bet-cha I can beat-cha with one rig tied
        behind my back...     ;-)

                OK... just poking some fun.
                Nothing serious here.

> Buy a toy and play with all its gadgets.
> Different strokes for different folks.

        BUT ...I WANT a rig with all that clean receiver
        performance  AND  have all the gadgets... I want
        it all !!!

                PS - just poking some fun along the
                way... my Omni VII is a lot of radio
                and I am really thrilled with it.

                I can truly understand a radio that
                has superb receiver and transmit
                performance without any frills - one
                could make the argument - as you have -
                that if it does the based transmit and
                receive so well, then we don't need
                any the frills.  Hopefully that is what
                sells the rig !

Thank you for indulgence.   This has been a great thread.