Re: [TenTec] Comparison of Ten Tec Orion II with Flex 500A

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Comparison of Ten Tec Orion II with Flex 500A
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:36:48 -0400
I have a few local friends with Flex rigs, and they all have little
niggles about SSB performance -one has never had his working right.
Not sure which models they have, but the one calls me for signal reports
all the time and the suck.   Another is trying to tune an old
TT Omni X or something and he cannot get it right either.  I hope they
both get them tuned up soon as I would like to do more on the radio
than give descriptions of just how the speech is garbled or off
frequency or whatever.  I don't mind helping out, but there MUST be
more to ham radio than signal reports !   ;-)

Anyway, just food for thought.   I have never heard anyone try to tune
up his Orion I or II.