Re: [TenTec] What Model Ten-Tec Rig Do I Need ?

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What Model Ten-Tec Rig Do I Need ?
From: "Joel R. Hallas" <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:35:04 -0400
Well, I upgraded from a Corsair to a Paragon and was very happy with the A/B
VFO flexibility, as well as with the great SWL and BC AM GC receive for many
years (got beyond 200 DXCC) until I moved to a K3 with better 3OIMD RX perf
etc, but the Paragon still sounds better on AM receive.

I have a fine example, purchased as a used item from TT many years ago,
including all optional filters, the photocopy manual TT provided, hand mic
and power cable with powerpole term. It has a few scratches on side panels
and some rub marks on top from QST prod rev equipment, but otherwise in fine
shape. I would sell it for $600 plus shipping, US address only, in TT foam
fitted box. I would offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee -- if not as I
describe, ship back and, if in same condition as sent, your funds cheerfully
refunded.

I have photos avail, and if anyone wants to come look, I'm happy to oblige
-- but call first (203-226-7353) to make sure I'll be here. I also have a TT
20 A PS that went with the Corsair. The Paragon really wants a 22 A supply,
so this trips at some loads at full power. It's probably not worth shipping,
but if someone locally wants it, I'd do that for $100 FOB Westport, CT (all
also available in Newington, near Hartford, by arrangement).

Regards, Joel
Joel R. Hallas, W1ZR