[TenTec] What's the current consensus on PTO grease?

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] What's the current consensus on PTO grease?
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:14:04 -0600
Greetings all,

As the title says, what is the current preferred lubricant for a PTO? In
digging through the archives I see mention of Phil Woods bicycle grease, the
factory "green" grease, and various other lubricants. I also noted that the
technique of dripping light oil down the shaft is perhaps of questionable
benefit.

But that being said, what have you PTO "veterans" out there found that
actually works (other than a lube job "every 3 years or 36,000 revolutions")?

TNX/73, Al