Re: [TenTec] What's the current consensus on PTO grease?

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's the current consensus on PTO grease?
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:43:40 -0500
I use the Ten Tec green grease, which is described as "open gear
grease". The PTO rebuild kit comes with plenty of grease.  I tried a
lighter synthetic grease, but the PTO spring tension working against the
light grease caused the dial to"unwind" resulting in frequency shift as
soon as I let go of the tuning knob. The PTO likes a heavy, sticky grease.

The Scout (555) PTO is another story. I use a light synthetic grease
like automotive brake caliper slide grease on the lead screw.

                 73,

                 Bob WB2VUF