Re: [TenTec] Re 02 2.0444A questions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re 02 2.0444A questions
From: "Jack Emerson" <w4tje@wiredog.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:00:39 -0500
ok, here's what I found out today from talking to  Ten Tec, and from Ray's
suggestion (W2RS) here on the reflector.
Ten Tec said the occasional popping that I'm hearing is receiver overload.
They also said I was not the first person to mention this to them with
respect to this software version. Their suggestion was to turn on the rf
attenuator.
However, I found that by following Ray's advice, and tightening up the
roofing filter to 2.4 khz, that took care of the popping while leaving the
audio intact.
The other way to solve it, as I mentioned last night, is to change the agc
slope from flat to one of the other 2 settings. But I prefer not to do that,
as the flat setting just sounds richer to the way I hear things.
The other issue, the waterfall display not being on this software version; I
was left with the impression that it will come back in a future release. Of
course, if it doesn't, I can always go back to a software version that has
it.
73 de "Not Quite as Clueless in Fancy Gap"
Jack W4TJE