Re: [TenTec] Airpax Breaker Part and Source

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax Breaker Part and Source
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 20:50:46 -0500
No, not trivial to replace. The Corsair front panle has to be removed I
think.  Pots and switches of the correct size and ratings are hard to
find. I remember years ago, Centralab had modular replacement parts. You
bought the pot, switch and shaft separately and it all snapped together.
Very clever.  I would like to find a switch module that I could snap
onto the bcak of the Corsair RF gain pot.  I think that the push-pull
switches that Ten-Tec used are not as robust as the conventional type.

By the way, did Ten-Tec use audio or linear taper pots for their volume
controls?

                     73,

                     Bob WB2VUF