Re: [TenTec] Corsair II VFO level?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II VFO level?
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:47:39 -0500 (CDT)
Some contest committees are starting to change their rules, allegedly to
discourage cheating.

The Russian DX contest this last weekend, for example, now requires that the
exact frequency be logged as part of the contact.  Logs submitted withtout that
data (via a CAT or similar computer interface) will not be considered eligible
for the top 3 awards in their category.

This rules out my Corsair for obvious reasons.

And that is one of the reasons I'm considering this.  A replacement VFO with an
RS-232 or USB interface that would feed the frequency to the computer would
keep rigs like the Corsair "in the game" for those of us who are interested in
competitive operating.

73