Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:20:35 -0800
Sadly, when QST and other magazines get to be about six months old, they
go in the blue bin.

Years ago, when I was more active in the local club, members would drop
off their copies, especially after ARRL made the back issues available
on CD.
The club has a pretty complete collection, going back many years, of the
actual magazines.
After a while we had to limit acceptance to any issue that was not in
the library.  The number of dupes of recent issues was getting ridiculous.
They were set out on a table for members to take, and after a while the
stack became huge.

One reason that I'm happy to see that CQ Magazine is now available in a
digital-only format.
Apparently that same issue is on the table at ARRL.

73 de Jim - AD6CW