Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:27:45 -0500
Good story, Phil.

My neighbor and his son  (each have Technician Class Licenses) came over
to my house to blame ME for their cable TV problems...  apparently they
read on the AT&T web site that ham radio stations can cause noise and
intermittent service problems.

I offered to help them locate the real problem (e.g., by sniffing the
neighborhood for stray RF...)  but they insisted my station was to
blame... referencing the AT&T FAQ web page....

UNTIL...  I explained my station had been completely off the air for at
least 30 days as I was remodeling the shack to accommodate a new radio!

Whereupon, they politely turned and made for home, mumbling something
about having to press AT&T a bit harder on this, instead.

It was finally discovered that one