Re: [TenTec] Reputable dealer vs Hamfests

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reputable dealer vs Hamfests
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:29:35 -0500
Perhaps, just perhaps it has a lot to do in the time we're in.

In 1975 I had one radio. A brand new triton 4.  Took every penny I had to get
it. Used a car battery and breaker as I didn't have the money for the power
supply.

That triton was wax, polished and care for like a new born child.

Years later I traded it in for an new omni.

Today it seems that even someone starting out ends up with a few rigs. He gets
tried of one and trades/ sells it off in eBay.

I know that several of the radios that I own now had been in dozens of
different hands.

eBay has opened up the market, too.

Years ago rigs were kept rather local. Even if you sold it at a hamfest it
stayed in the area.

Now the old ham dies in Orlando and estate buyer are pounding on the door
before the body is cold.

Just a thought

Mike wb8vge

Sent from my iPhone