Re: [TenTec] Using an Argosy in the field

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using an Argosy in the field
From: Stan Barr <g0clv@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 11:40:21 +0100
On 05/04/12 11:13, Richards wrote:
> I use Espresso Power, the way Stan does...  Lavazza Qualita Oro
> or Dallmayr Crema D'Oro whole beans, freshly ground, 100% Arabica,
> never forced or bullied using Robusta beans ...     ;-)

Lavazza espresso here too...

> Say... seriously...
>
>       As I am teaching myself the Code with renewed vigor
>       lately, if you are using one of the TT QRP kits, or if
>       you turn off your Argosy display to save energy, how
>       do you know what frequency you are on ?    Some of
>       the QRP kits appear to have a numerical scale instead
>       of a frequency scale printed on their front panels.

My army hf set (UK/PRC320) has no display, the frequency is set
to 100Hz via rotary stitches.  Nice, well liked set.  Typically
rugged, but heavy - particularly If I'm carrying the full kit!

--
Cheers and 73,
Stan Barr G0CLV GQRP-3369 FISTS-667  g0clv@dsl.pipex.com

"Never leave well enough alone." -  Raymond Loewy