Re: [TenTec] Using an Argosy in the field

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using an Argosy in the field
From: Stan Barr <g0clv@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 09:39:53 +0100
On 05/04/12 09:11, Richards wrote:
> Heck... at that rate, you could power the receiver with one of those
> hand-crank flashlight dynamo chargers . . .   but you would likely
> have to really crank it while transmitting. . .

I've got an ex-(British) Army generator like that.
Hard work.

> Probably inconvenient to be cranking while you are pounding
> a code key.   So, never mind.

You need a lowly private to do the cranking!

> (ER... please forgive an old man's late night silliness...)

Me too - still drinking my first espresso of the morning...

I'm Ten-Tec in the shack, ex-Army when /P.

--
Cheers and 73,
Stan Barr G0CLV GQRP-3369 FISTS-667  g0clv@dsl.pipex.com

"Never leave well enough alone." -  Raymond Loewy