Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 11:31:53 -0400
Bob,

Aside from  1/2 wave verticals (or vertical end fed dipoles if you will)
not needing radials as they are as complete as a  horizontal dipole
also, with a 1/4 wave vertical, is it not sufficient to have a number of
closely spaced short  radials rather than several radials a 1/4 wave
long at the lowest frequency? I thought I had read that radial spacing
may be more important than length and that radials may not have much
effect past the 1/4 wave point. Although the thought of establishing
(consuming the back yard) as a RF base for a vertical antenna is
certainly interesting.

John / WA1JG