Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Marketing (?)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Marketing (?)
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:12:22 -0400
of discussion
here at the time about the Pegasus and much of it was not to encouraging.  I
followed that for
a while and as a Ten-Tec user I had a hard time believing a TT radio could be
as bad as was
being said.    Soooooo....... I did the natural thing.......I ordered one!  I
wanted to see if it was
really as bad as they were saying and if it was that bad I could return it
within 30 days for a
refund.  Kinda crazy I know but today I still have that Pegasus and two more
along with three
Jupiters and assorted and sundry other TT SDR's.  Having that many radios is
also crazy
except I have two daughters and three granddaughters all general class hams and
I am
providing their equipment while they provide other things like groceries, a
place to live, school
and college tuition, transportation....you get the idea.   :-)

I found the Pegasus + N4PY software to be a delightful radio.  I suspect the
complaints I read
were based on many things including lack of knowledge about the new technology.
 I really
can't find any serious issues with the radio as you can see.  It's not a
serious contest rig but it
was not marketed as such.

My point is that in my case customer complaints sold at least 6 radios for
Ten-Tec and likely
a bunch more as I tell anyone who will listen just how fine they are.

How's that for a marketing plan???     :-)

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY