Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec - Marketing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec - Marketing
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 15:57:21 -0400
On 7/5/2012 12:14 PM, Al Gulseth wrote:
> Rick,
 >
 > Interesting - and at risk of starting a "flame war", I see somewhat
 > of a parallel between the Ten-Tecs and a certain brand of automobile
 > I like (which I suspect you see a lot of in Deutschland). To wit, I
 > have begun to view the analog Ten-Tecs of the '70s and '80s as
 > parallels to the Mercedes-Benz diesels of the same era. Neither tend
 > to have all the "whistles and bells" that Americans like, and both
 > have their quirks.

Quirks? Yup...I had a 1976 and a 1977 300D (5 cylinder Diesels for those
of you that may not be familiar with the product line), both purchased new.

I had numerous (major) "quirks" with both of them and since then, my
desire to own another M-B has completely disappeared. Your mileage may vary.

P.S. I DO like my Omni VI option 3 a lot!