Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC announces new amplifier

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC announces new amplifier
From: "chacuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 19:29:51 -0500
The fact is radio's are not test equipment.  It is unreasonable to expect
perfectly calibrated S meters and ultimate accuracy in the spectrum display.
It's not a calibrated spectrum analyzer.  You want one of those go drop $30K
and get you one.  It won't help you work not one more DX station or make one
more multi in the next contest.

And no I'm not a Ten-Tec Groupie...I participate in many groups.  The
Ten-Tec products are under appreciated by the main stream ham community for
the most part...and I am qualified to make that statement since I have been
a Yaesu follower and Icom follower for years.  You want to see some bitching
about poor factory support go over to the Yaesu reflector and read up on the
problems with the firmware in the 5000 and the problems with the organic LED
displays and the glitches and hickups and then go over to the Icom reflector
and listen to the issues with the final transistors in the 7800 or the
display and back light problems in the 746 and then check both lists for how
many posts there are on parts that are no longer available to fix rigs that
are broken.  I repair them I know the issues and the parts availability
problems.  Some of you guys come across like Ten-Tec are the only guys that
have these sort of problems...when in my experience they are doing a better
job than any of the Jap companies in supporting their products.  And the
fact is it's your experience too or you would have already moved on.

I believe I have spent my last money on a Yaesu, Kenwood or Icom and won't
spend any money of any of the new rigs coming out of China or Korea.  Just
won't do it...

Life is too short for this stuff...if you don't like the rig you have or
don't feel it is supported like you would like...sell it...find one that
makes you happy, with a company that supports you like you want to be
supported...and join a support group and help others make the best of their
purchases.  Find a way to be a positive influence...instead of hiding in the
weeds and waiting to jump out at every opportunity and pounce on the next
unsuspecting guy trying to be a positive influence on this group.

See you in the pileups...

Cecil
K5DL