Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp
From: Jim Miller K4SQR <k4sqr@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 10:07:44 -0400
I am certain the new 100 amp has been developed due to hundreds, if not
thousands of requests,
from Argonaut 509 and later QRP models needing a little more oomph at
times. I am certain
some members know how many QRP models Ten-Tec alone has produced during
the past
40+ years.

During my early years as a ham in the former Panama Canal Zone
(1971-1979, then HP1XRK after
the treaty ended KZ5) as KZ5JM, a friend, KZ5OD, bought a #509
Argo and offered to loan it to me after I had installed monobanders for
10-40 meters. I was really
impressed at 5 watts to a 2 element 40 meter beam working Europeans hand
over fist!

So I am sure Ten-Tec will quickly sell out the first production run on
this little amp.

Jim Miller K4SQR