Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC announces new amplifier

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC announces new amplifier
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:59:45 -0500
I am eagerly awaiting the availability of the new 539 QRP rig.  If it
pans out, and I think it will, my Corsair II station will be on the
block.  I have had a great time with QRP, and have worked a surprising
amount of DX, especially on 6 meters with only a few watts.  Right now,
my best Argonaut II is in use with my Elecraft transverter and Mirage
brick.  I made a bunch of CW and SSB contacts with it last night during
the opening.  I was impressed with the Eagle, but plan to run most of my
retirement station off of solar charged storage batteries, so I really
won't need the extra power.  This new amp would allow the use of a QRP
rig to drive either an antenna, or a larger amp.  Years ago I worked a
guy on 15 CW who was using one of the original Argonauts with a homebrew
4X150 amplifier.

73,

Steve WA9JML