Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC announces new amplifier

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC announces new amplifier
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:03:28 -0400
        Ah...YES... PERHAPS THIS EXPLAINS WHY TT
        IS PRODUCING NEW QRP GEAR !

        There has been some good discussion as to why TT
        would produce a QRP product... and I suspect that
        is because they think there is a market for low
        power gear.   Elecraft does, too, as it has or will
        be releasing a bunch of lower power gear.   I say
        this in tentative terms, because I don't follow the
        QRP scene closely, and am only generally aware of
        its trends and developments.   But I imagine TT
        thinks there is a lively QRP market there or it would
        not go there.

        Now it does not interest me ... but I hope they
        make a KILLING on it !    I figure there is room enough
        in the hobby for the both of us.

QUERY:
        Will the new QRP RADIO do digital modes ?   If not,
        I think that would be a mistake.   Can somebody
        better informed clarify this ?   Will the digital guys use
        SSB mode or do they need a dedicated RTTY or digital
        mode on the rig.   (Obviously I don't do digital modes,
        so please forgive a novice level question - we all gotta
        start someplace... )

Just My take...

On 8/13/2012 2:59 PM, Steve Berg wrote:

> I am eagerly awaiting the availability of the new 539 QRP rig.

I was impressed with the Eagle, but plan to run most of my