[TenTec] Corsair II PBT Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II PBT Question
From: K4MT <k4mt@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
My Corsair II has a problem with the PBT adjustment. I can not get the SB-N and
SB-R to sound the same.  When I adjust coil L4 the closest I can get is with
the slug all the way to the top which raises the frequency f the 15.3012
crystal.  I measured the frequency range of the 15.3012 oscillator and it
varies from 15.3012 with the PBT control full CW to 15.2969 full CCW,  I found
that SB-R audio quality is very tinny. I was wondering since the crystal reads
15.2969 with PBT CCW (no voltage on the varactor) means the crystal is too low
in frequency. Tentec  wants 30 shipped so before I order one I was wondering
what the experts on this group think.
I have aligned the carrier oscillators so that is not the problem. It is the
same on all bands and all crystal filters ( I have 2.4, 1.8, 500 and 250). Do
you think the 15.3012 crystal is out of specs or is it something with the 2.4 9
MHz filter?