[TenTec] Rohn 25G; hinged bases

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rohn 25G; hinged bases
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 11:29:50 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the comments regarding hinged bases and lifting towers with Rohn
25G; especially those
who took the time to respond off-line with their experiences, pictures, and
suggestions. It was
great that WA7U even offered to help climb the tower if necessary!! Thanks to
these comments
I have decided that I will stick with Plan A and order the free standing
(non-hinged) tower kit
from Hill Communications. I do not need a wobbly tower; I do not want to use
guys on a short
tower (35'); and I do not want to bracket the tower to the house. So now comes
the fun part....
Hi Hi       73s W7RIP    Roger Rippy    Bozeman, Montana