Re: [TenTec] Rag Chew, DX, or Contest with Hearing Aids

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rag Chew, DX, or Contest with Hearing Aids
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:44:12 -0400
Cool -- I sent this tip to a couple of guys I have lunch with. One has special hearing aids he connects directly to the rig somehow, and they play like little headphones right into his ear, as they are directly plugged into the rig headphone output. I guess he would be finished without them.

Parenthetically, he is a blast to watch as he does Code - he has a distinctive hand gesture as he works the paddle - I wonder if he worked a bug in a former life - but he is fascinating as it is a sort of "manual ballet" and quite animated. He says he always pounds out CQ in a contest, as he says it is more distinctive and, therefore, more noticeable in a crowd, than calling CQ with a memory keyer.

Yes, he is one of the more interesting characters I have met in the world of ham radio. The radios are secondary...it is the people I treasure most about ham radio.

Like they say on TV... "Characters Welcome."

Thanks for the tip, GH, I have passed it on as ordered!