Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Speech Processor Question

To: <rmcgraw@blomand.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Speech Processor Question
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:19:58 +0100
Bob, to answer your question, one would have to know the frequency it is
working on.
However I seem to recall it's something like 48 kHz.
In that case then it would be more like RF than AF.

Reason:  With AF, some of the harmonic distortion falls within the AF
(voice) band and can cause interference to itself.  With RF, the harmonic
distortion does not fall within the audio range we are using so it does not
cause distortion to itself.  48 kHz is a high enough range that its
harmonics will not fall within the voice range, so therefore it is working
as an RF processor.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

73
Rick, DJ0IP