Re: [TenTec] FW: Corsair vs Corsair II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FW: Corsair vs Corsair II
From: Michael Cheponis <Michael@Cheponis.Com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:44:27 -0700
I have noticed that Ten-Tec uses "mf" to mean "microfarads" - yet everybody
EXCEPT Ten-Tec uses "uF" to mean microfarads.

I have no idea why they do this.

The suffixes I normally see are (where ** is exponentiation):

fF - femtofarads 10** -15 Farads
pF - picofarads  10** -12 Farads
nF - nanofarads  10**  -9 Farads (in older schematics we see, for example,
0.022 uF rather than 22 nF )
uF - microfarads 10**  -6 Farads (e.g. "10 mike cap" is 10 uF; often
electrolytic)
mF - millifarads 10**  -3 Farads (Big Value Caps; 22,000 uF is 22 mf)
F  - Farads      10**   0 Farads (Used with "super caps" mostly; note: 10**
0 equals 1 )

Mike K3MC