Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:22:33 -0500
Once again, I'm reminded of why I like CW so much...

Kim N5OP

At 09:07 PM 3/16/2013, you wrote:
Over the years I enjoyed operating my Collins S Line. Although sounding quite good and quite stable frequency wise, the dial markings were every 1 kHz. Anything in between is a pure guess. Your Drake TR4C will do a fine job

With one of my high tech radios when the band is quite and there's little activity, very often I'll start a QSO at some odd ball number say 7.263.255. It is amazing how many stations won't tune to the oddball number but actually end up on 7.263.000 or 7.263.500 and then comment that I'm off frequency. The frequency that I'm on is the frequency I'm on and it is they that are "off frequency".

We need to improve our "tuning skills" by using our ears and quit tuning by the numbers.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "R. Eric Sluder" <resluder@yahoo.com>