Re: [TenTec] Tuner

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 21:16:00 -0500 (CDT)
Reference my earlier post, my 80M dipole shows a 1:1 SWR at ~3800.  With
the 238 in BYPASS the SWR shown on the external meter is 4:1.  Antenna is
fed with ~75 ft of RG-213. The tuner will easily match this load at 3550.

In looking at my "tuning chart" this configuration will attain a match on
all bands except 160M.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> At 3.5MHz, the SWR(50) of an 80m dipole cut for resonance at 3.8MHz
> could easily be 12:1 or higher. Depending on the length of the coax,
> that can present impedances at the tuner that will be well outside the
> matching range of a 238.
>
> Steve G3TXQ
>

> On 08/07/2013 22:36, kb4srn@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Thanks for the advice.  The antenna is the old dipole fed with 8x coax.
>>  I did have a doublet up that was fed with ladder line in the past and
>> it was great.  Wife just doesn't like the idea of me cutting a hole in
>> the wall to get the ladder line out of the shack.
>>
>> My tuner matches great transmitting on 40 with the 80 band dipole.
>> Where I have the problem is tuning the dipole that is cut for 3800 down
>> into the CW portion of the band.  I just can't seem to find the
>> combination.  I'll try your suggestions and watch the meter closely as
>> I may be missing the sweet spot I'm looking for.
>>
>> Again, thanks for the advice.

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.