Re: [TenTec] Tuner

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 21:20:38 -0500 (CDT)
Absolutely.   Balanced feeds are easy, low loss and very inexpensive.  I
have both coax fed and balanced fed.

The balanced fed antenna line comes all the way to the tuner, through the
attic, eve vent, drops through the ceiling.  Patching the 1" slit is
easy..

73
Bob, K4TAX

> Hi there,
> You are candidate for my tip of the week.  If you have a window in the
> shack on the same side as the rig/ desk, you simply need to run the
> window line, (insulated) under the sash and close the window.
>
> If you have metal sashes, you need to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get
> a length of 1 1/2 in. or 2 in. insulated tubing as used on freon lines.
>   You will have to buy 3 foot pre cut piece.  You only need it the width
> of the inside measurement of the sash opening.  Place it in the sash
> with the slit side toward the room, and cut in line with that, a slit
> the width of your ladder line,  180 degrees on the other side.  Run the
> line thru the slits and lower the sash to just hold the tubing.  Will
> work fine, even with that little spacing away from the metal sash. Of
> Course, run the ladder line straight in at right angles to the sash
> metal, to prevent coupling.
>
> Now, your tuner will take care of any impedance bump if there should be
> one near the sash.  (I have never detected any influence).
>
> An all band ladder line fed dipole is hard to beat for convenience.  And
> ladder line is easier to handle than most think.  Lower loss, and costs
> less than coax.
>
> Stuart Rohre
> K5KVH

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.