Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 17:06:49 +0100
I would expect the current "hot spots" to be every 22ft or so on 15m. You should slide the current probe at least 11ft to be sure to encompass one.

Perhaps that's what you meant?

Steve G3TXQ

On 12/07/2013 23:54, Stuart Rohre wrote:
Should be possible to determine if you have any shield current where you don't want it. The catch is you may have to slide the current probe along the coax to find a hot spot, but I would expect those to happen every 11 feet or so, when looking for 15m effects. (a quarter wave at the band of interest).