Re: [TenTec] ufer ground?

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ufer ground?
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:16:36 -0500
Jim and all others,

I was just the radio and telecommunications guy (who was sent to a NEC Lightning and Grounding school AFTER an incident) and had no say in the double run of 400 MCM conductors down the elevator shaft. But after going to the NEC (National Electrical Code) school I understood the folly of isolated grounds and the importance of supplemental grounds bonded to the Main Distribution Point's grounding point as well as the requirement to do so. At the time we were having lots of problems with new digital Private Business Exchanges (500 to 600 at that time) which were going off line. A review of every location revealed one or more NEC grounding violations.

The best one can design, build, and hope for is low impedance to ground and low potential differences between points, so that every thing rises at the same potential. Any potential difference will make a significant financial difference or a potentially fatal difference.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown