Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters
From: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 06:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
The TenTec 229/238 tuners have a shortfall on 160 meters because of the 470pf
disc
caps will not handle the currents involved.  You should replace them with 470pf
door-
knob caps.  I found them on ebay.  I have attached the file I found on the web
that will
take you thru the mod.

73 Clayton N4EV

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 8:45 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>