[TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 00:36:19 -0400
Okay boys and girls.

the antenna project is done

I have a 160 meter doublet feed with 600 ohm line. 130ish feet on each side.

Followed the antenna suggestions from everyone and now have it connected to a
1:1 balun with a one foot hunk of coax to the Ten Tec 239 coupler.

Everything works fine------ except for 160 meter

I can't find a tuning solution for any freq on that band below 1.995 mhz.

Shortening the antenna feedline is not possible, it has to reach the coupler.

I don't like the idea of adding more length to the feedline, but looks like I
may have to.

How much?

What about lengthening the wire on the ends of the antenna?

Make it shorter, (the overall length of the antenna)

The 239 can find a solution on 1.995 (SWR 2:1) but the selector shows the best
match on the high Z side

okay, it's been too quiet here, so this should heat things up

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never
sure.