Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:17:39 -0400
bob and the group

I didn't have the .001 in a voltage rating that would live so I used a .01, and
yeah, I know that's way too much C

for the instructions, it looks like the extra c is only used in position 5 on
the low z side of the switch.

Now, all that being said, NONE of the antenna couplers will find a solution to
the tuning of the band

the best I can get is around 1.995 and it's high there about 2:1 or so

of course everything is grounded.

I'm going to drop the wire down and measure it from the center to the ends and
see what I have.

I did some looking around the 'net last night and read that adding a 1/8
wavelength should correct the problem, however, that's 33' of open wire and
simply not doable. What in the world do you do with it?

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never
sure.