Re: [TenTec] Requirements for a top tier DXing rig

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Requirements for a top tier DXing rig
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:05:06 -0600
Annnnnnnnd, then.....there are those of us who avoid computer operations like
the plague!!
I will use a computer and simple logging program like General Logger for
"simple logging" IF I am in a contest where I expect to log > 150 to 200 QSOs;
Sweepstakes, CQ WW WPX or CQ WW 160 events.
For the Pre-Stew 160 meter event this weekend, as a QRP entry, where I tend to
log up to 100 QSOs, maybe, I use paper and pencil and employ a single band rig
(a 160 meter version designed by Steve Weber, KD1JV) with a NEscaf audio filter
to sorta remove the alligators.
I need large knobs as I have severe Neuropathy with resulting zero feeling in
my hands and fingers...
Bt the bye: I finished 2nd last year in the Pre-Stew QRP category and would
have finished fourth in the low power category.
Any how, my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV