Re: [TenTec] 160 M antenna

To: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 160 M antenna
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 07:42:45 -0500
I would leave it alone.  The 38 ohm antenna is excellent.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 11/8/2013 3:18 AM, Richards wrote:
Interesting commentary, Ken.

I DO have a 40m ground plan with 65 radials. And it has that textbook 38
ohm low SWR you mention. It seems to work swell... but your comment
suggests it could be better.

A friend suggested I make it slightly taller and add some capacitance
until it presents a an inherent 50 ohm load. (I think that is what he
said... let's assume HE said it right, if this is not a good idea... and
presume I remember it wrong...)

So - What would YOU do with my antenna to make it work better?

(This is NOT an argument - it is a very serious question to me.)