[TenTec] What's going to be next?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] What's going to be next?
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:01:33 -0500
The biggest thing in design that should be easy to fix is the "Black Box" syndrone. I know it's just a surface thing - not important to the operation of the radio. But it makes a complex transceiver look almost like a common comsumer electronic device. Might be something to attatch to a TV, or anything else. Some brands seem to consider their gear consumer
grade, since they seem to bring out a new model every two or three months.

Changing  the color back to  aluminum or some other lighter color would also
distinguish TT from all the Japanese Black Boxes, not to mention making the markings more visible to us older guys. That and bringing the orange dot would make a
distinction that we TT owners appreciate (I think).

This should not be a big change...so not much time involved. How important is
this to other TT owners looking for some new models??

73,
John, K4AVX