Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with TenTec rigs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with TenTec rigs
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 21:35:48 -0500
When I was a HAM in the Netherlands, around 1968, a Dutch company called "Amroh" made a 2 mtr beam that was covered in a plastic coating to prevent just that (corrosion from Salty sea water). I lived about 2 miles from the Ocean (North Sea) and after 4 years you could see the elements being thinly coated by a White film. All it took was to wash it off and the antenna looked like new.

Tony, VE3DWI.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Lowman" <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>