Re: [TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 06:07:54 -0400

On 4/7/2014 3:11 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

  We have 400 members familiar with it.  But
that's just us.  Each contest team or each DX team has their own story.  It

                (I cannot resist...)

                Er ... if you have 400 members on the team...
                you had darned well better win the contest !
                We have like... er... 10 guys...  but they
                are really very good!

                ;-)    ;-)

   Now days you need a computer with a Dual-Core 2+
GHz CPU to even begin to cope with the task.

                Or maybe get a second computer... ?
                (a serious suggestion)

I will drop out of the "Assisted"
category and turn off the flow of all of that data from the Internet.

Then I will use N4PY software to
mate to Win-Test and do as Carl suggests.

                Carl's program has a spotter thing that tunes
                the rig for you... and it works OK on either a
                dopey old serial port or USB or even an imaginary
                virtual port ...  maybe he has the whole solution?

                      ;-)